HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT - POLICE OFFICER
(Application Process is Closed)
The Denville Township Police Department is currently seeking professional, qualified and energetic applicants for the position of Police Officer, who possess the department’s Core Values of honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, and respect.
- Applicants must not be less than 18 years of age nor more than 35 years of age at time of appointment (age restrictions shall not conflict with current state and federal law).
- Applicants must be of sound body, good moral character, and in good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university, with preference provided to applicants who have B.A./B.S. degree (military service cannot be substituted for college credits).
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of any crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree, as designated by the Criminal Code of New Jersey, or a crime or felony offense in any other jurisdiction that involved moral turpitude or, at the time of application, is undergoing or awaiting court action of any kind in regard to such a crime or felony offense.
- Applicants must successfully complete a physical agility test (scheduled for Sunday, October 3, 2021, times TBD). The physical fitness waiver (available as part of the application) must be completed and turned in at the time of your scheduled test.
- Applicants must successfully pass a written test (scheduled for 6:00pm on Wednesday, October 13, 2021).
- Applicants must successfully complete a series of oral interviews and pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Police Officers in Denville are entitled to a competitive starting salary of $45,675, health benefits, and enrollment into the PFRS, as well as an array of other benefits, including a tuition reimbursement program aimed at the professional development of our employees. These benefits are in addition to working for one of the most progressive law enforcement agencies in the State of New Jersey.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Applicants must complete the Police Officer Initial Application that can be found on the PoliceApp website at www.policeapp.com no later than 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 26, 2021. There is a $100 non-refundable fee to complete the application process on-line.