- The applicant must possess a Police Training Certificate issued by the New Jersey Police Training Commission (full time regular officer or SLEO II, waiver eligible) or be enrolled in a State of New Jersey police academy as an Alternate Route certification candidate, or have graduated from an Alternate Route Training program.
- Applicant must not be less than 18 years old nor more than 35 years old at the time of appointment (however, age restrictions shall not conflict with the current state and federal law).
- Applicants must be of sound body, good moral character, and in good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Applicant must successfully complete a physical agility test.
- Ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university, with preference provided to applicants who have a B.A./B.S. degree.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver's License.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a crime.
For more information and to download an application packet, please visit our Career Opportunities page.